Friday, October 21, 2011

Current Deck Profile, Local Tournament



Current Deck
With Dark World released this week I've made some minor modifications to my deck. It was announced that there will be another local tournament this week at Sports and Gaming Cards at Golf Mill mall and I will again be attending. Thought I'd share my changes and welcome any input to the modifications I've made

Monsters 27
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
2 Archlord Kristya
3 Master Hyperion
1 Gorz, Emissary of Darkness
3 The Agent of Creation - Venus
3 T.G. Warwolf
1 Honest
3 The Agent of Mystery - Earth
1 Sangan
2 T.G. Striker
3 Mystical Shine Ball
2 Herald of Orange Light
2 Tragoedia

Spells 10
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Creature Swap
1 Mind Control
2 Pot of Duality
3 Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps 3
1 Torrential Tribute
2 Bottomless Trap Hole

Extra 15
1 Mist Wurm
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Light End Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Scrap Archfiend
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Ancient Sacred Wyvern
1 Gaia Knight Force of Earth
1 Magical Android
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 T.G. Wonder Magician
1 Armory Arm
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
2 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu

Side Deck 15
2 The Agent of Miracles - Jupiter
3 Gemini Imp
1 Herald of Orange Light
2 Smashing Ground
1 Mirror Force
1 Dimensional Prison
2 Chain Disappearance
3 Rivalry of Warlords

Most notable change I made was moving the Dimensional Prison and Smashing Ground to the side deck. They played big for me last week, but I felt that adding a Creature Swap to the main deck as well as a third Mystical Space Typhoon would be huge, especially against Dark World. I added a second Herald of Orange Light and two Tragoedias at the cost of a few traps. All in all I'm pretty happy with the changes.

I'm going to be looking to trade for a Naturia Beast and Naturia Barkion there, I was thinking about teching in one to two Instant Fusions to make them viable with T.G. Striker. The deck would need to be modified but it seems like a fun and simple change to the deck that could give it an interesting twist.

Local Tournament
I'd like to invite anyone who is in the Chicago land area and has not been made aware of this place, Sports and Gaming Cards a small store in Golf Mill mall. It's a small place but they have a pretty good selection and the owner is a pretty nice guy. The tournament starts at 11AM for children 13 and younger and 3PM Central time for anyone 14 and older. Come check it out!

I'll make sure to post a tournament report tomorrow or Sunday, any suggestions for deck edits before then would be appreciated! Feel free to post your own decks in the comments below and I'll try to put my thoughts on them before your own local tournaments this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Creature Swap is an evil, evil card. Very much so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only real problem with Creature Swap is it requires both me and my opponent have a monster before I can use it, where as Smashing Ground only requires my opponent have a monster. There are some great advantages to using it though, so I figure it's worth a run in the deck.

    ReplyDelete