Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Video Tournament Report 10/22/11





As mentioned before I opted to create a video report for this weeks local tournament, and I hope you enjoy it. There were several misplays I was happy to point out for you folks before you could flame me mercilessly, so I hope you appreciate that!

Despite my 2-2 record, I was fairly happy with how my deck played. My first loss against Micheal's Psychic deck was well deserved, he's a good player and he knows just how to side deck against me. I possibly could have changed my fate with better selections on Pot of Duality, but I'll never know now.

As mentioned in the post earlier this week, my second loss was to Tak and his Hero/Light Beat deck. He played well against me and after the first round and getting my Herald of Orange Light ruled incorrectly against me, I was washed over with apathy, and did not side deck in my normal field control spells and traps. I pulled off a swift victory in game two, and had him on the ropes for game three.

To paint the picture, on my final turn, he had Elemental HERO the Shining and Thunder King Rai-oh in play, I had a defense mode Tragoedia and only two cards in hand. I was at 100 he was at 700. I draw for my turn, and discard Archlord Kristya to take control of The Shining, and attack for game. He was flustered and paused. He carefully read the effect of Tragoedia and verified the levels matched. They did. However, he still had a face down card-- Forbidden Lance. Lance lowered Shining down to 1800, allowing him to win the match at the last second.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the videos! Feel free to post your thoughts on my videos either here or YouTube, I'd really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment