Friday, October 28, 2011

New Layout, M. Cap Power Play


New Layout
As some of you may have noticed there is a new layout to the blog. My run kind of long so I thought that adding banners to indicate the type of article I have posted as well as a link to get to the full article would be preferred. Go ahead and shoot me some feedback on what you think and what I should change in the comments below. I'm going to keep my articles restricted to five categories-

Card Review
I'm going to try and start posting a card of the week from whatever the most modern set happens to be. I'll give thoughts, ratings, combos, etc. relating to the card. If you have any suggestions for a card you want me to review, feel free to post in the comments section below, or e-mail me at shizukamagnifico@gmail.com.


Deck Workshop
With the exception of today's post, these articles will be reserved to post deck ideas or give an update on the deck I'm currently playing. You're all welcome to respond with your own decks and I will give you my feedback on your build, or will take the idea and work it into a future deck building article.

Random
This banner will indicate my article does not quite fall into any of the other categories. This will generally be an article that will talk about random tidbits I found out or reactions to news.

Strategy
I'll post articles under this banner related to general game play strategies as well as advice for budget building or tutorials.

Tournament Report
I will post my tournament reports under this banner, retelling the matches (or posting a playlist via YouTube) recounting my most recent tournament.


Marauding Captain Power Play Deck
I've been posting a lot lately regarding my T.G. Agent build and modifications, and thought I'd post something "new" today. I say new, but in actuality this is a modern form of my warrior beat down deck I ran before quitting.

In the original build, I used cards in combination with Marauding Captain such as Goblin Attack Force or Injection Fairy Lily to deal massive damage in single hits, pumping up all my warriors with The A. Forces and Command Knight. While all these cards are still available to build what would essentially be the same deck, I feel there are a handful of cards that would increase the power and consistency of the deck, such as Elemental HERO Neos Alius and Elemental HERO Stratos.

This is a very rough first draft, but I'd love to get some feedback!

Monsters 18
3 Elemental HERO Neos Alius
2 Evocator Chevalier
1 Elemental HERO Stratos
3 D.D. Assailant
3 D.D. Warrior Lady
3 Marauding Captain
3 Command Knight

You may notice several key cards like Sangan and Gorz, Emissary of Darkness are missing from this build. While constructing the deck, I realized that The A. Forces just is not worth the deck space, even in a deck like this, since it would require I control four Warrior or Spellcaster type monsters to gain an 800 bonus to my monsters ATK, which is the same amount that Solidarity provides. I think Solidarity makes a good replacement, despite the fact that it takes a hard toll on my options. The prospect of having my weakest monster in play be at 2000 is pretty promising though.

 Marauding Captain and Command Knight are absolutely key to the deck. Marauding Captain provides you the ability to summon extra monsters quickly when your opponent is open, and Command Knight can pump all your monsters up in combination with Solidarity to huge levels. Great thing is too, if you manage to get two Captains in play, all of your monsters are protected from combat until your opponent is able to eliminate one of them with a spell or a trap. This makes a good defensive gambit while you're attempting to regroup for a turn or two. You can also achieve this with two Command Knight, but any other monster in play is vulnerable.

Spells 16
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 E - Emergency Call
2 Solidarity
3 Gemini Spark
3 Pot of Duality
3 Mystical Space Typhoon

The spells in this deck provide one of two things-- deck thinning or help to enable a power play. A full set of Gemini Sparks and Mystical Space Typhoons will help to keep my opponents field empty, with Reinforcement of the Army, E- Emergency Call, and Pot of Duality will help me keep drawing monsters to hit my opponent relentlessly. I was a little iffy about Gemini Spark at first, but I added two Evocator Chevaliers to increase the chance that I can use it without much issue. As I said before, Solidarity helps to bring the deck together. All my monsters basically get knocked up a level to compete with the stronger monsters in the game, and add Command Knight into the game, and we're looking at my monsters ranging from 2400 - 3100 and all level four.

Traps 6
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribue
1 Return from the Different Dimension
2 Solemn Warning
1 Dimensional Prison

My traps provide general protection from my opponents monsters to prepare for the power play. Using denial   with these and my quick plays, I'll be able to hit them pretty often with break away hits to try and end the game early. Return from the Different Dimension in combination with my six D.D. monsters should provide a great OTK after clearing the field, and coming back to finish off my opponent.

Extra Deck (in progress)
3 Number 39: Utopia

There are no tuners in this deck, which makes synchro summoning a hassle, as well as causes a clash with Solidarity  Utopia is pretty beefy himself and should be able to answer a lot of questions with Solidarity out.

Cards that didn't make the cut


Black Luster Soldier- Envoy of the Beginning
I have no darks to support this game I considered using Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude but most of my spells are quick play and he'd go to waste. If I can find room for a few darks I'll try to find a way to fit him.

Exiled Force
This card was great in my original build, especially the variants where I used Freed. When I got aggressive my opponent had to sit back waiting for a card, I would search it out, pop a monster and hit it again. In the modern meta, I can't waste a normal summon on this card, and I feel Gemini Spark does it's job admirably

Super Polymerization
I wanted to add one or two of these but could not due to space restrictions. Super Polymerization makes a great way to eliminate an opponents threat, just like Gemini Spark. I may go back and try to fit it in, but in this draft I simply could not, so it'll have to hide in the side deck.

The Warrior Returning Alive
Not a great card, but one of my favorites. If I fit in Black Luster, I'll try to fit this card in too. Getting multiple uses out of my warriors is huge with such a low monster count.

No comments:

Post a Comment